We are in the same boat when you ask, “What is a Liebster Award?” I have no idea.
Or well, I didn’t until my husband sent me a link and had me read it and then wrote his own Liebster Award post where he then tagged me… So here I am.
My husband had an elaborate story to tell about how he got involved with this award business, I do not. Sorry. He has nominated me because (I asked him to. I wanted to answer his questions cuz he was bound to come up with at least one that would be in reference to me) he likes to torture me (non-sexual manner here people, get your minds out of the gutter).
My husband writes the Falcon Reviews blog, you can check it out here, which involves a lot of video game talk. He writes reviews on the games that he has been playing and writes other bits about information he has on future games or game-related information. Sometimes the stuff goes right over my head. But that is only a small portion of what he writes, everything else is super awesome. He has a fantastic way of writing exactly what he is thinking and can formulate his thoughts in an easy to understand way. I mean he spends like two weeks on each post so he doesn’t get nearly as distracted mid-thought as I do. But seriously, you should go check out what he writes. Thank you sweetie for giving me this award! 🙂
My wonderfully articulate husband described it as a blogger award where one blogger awards another blogger for their fantastic blogging blog skills (Maybe those were my words).
Following the rules
I have to follow the rules and write about a blog I read and I enjoy. To be honest I don’t spend nearly enough time looking at other’s blogs or even writing my own. I get distracted remember? But one that I have found amusing and entertaining is that of developing dad. He writes about the struggles and enjoyments of being a parent and everything that comes along with being a dad. He has a way of telling a story, whether it be of his life present, past, or future and about his children, that really captivates me. He paints a picture for his audience to be able to see and understand. So thank you, developing dad, for entertaining me and everyone else who reads your blog.
Let’s move on.
Now follows the section where I answer (or attempt to answer) the questions that my husband came up with.
Why did you start writing?
Easy, because I wanted to better myself as a writer. I have known for a little over a year that I wanted to start writing and telling stories. However, I knew I needed to get better in order to accomplish this newfound goal. So, here I am. I actually started out on the Google blogging site, Blogspot, but I didn’t have the control I wanted over it and tracking visitors wasn’t as precise as it is here. WordPress forever.
If you had a month off to do whatever you wanted and a budget for it, what would you do?
I would spend the entire month traveling (with my sexy husband) and write my novel in various awesome places. I would definitely go to Europe, Hawaii, Canada (I know, weird), and New Zealand. Never Australia… Australia is on the top of my never-visit-this-place-list. No kidding.
Do you have a hobby? What do you do?
He was specific in asking us (me and his other nominees) to not include gaming because duh. I LOVE reading. I have spent my summer, among other things, reading books. I told him that I wanted to read a lot this summer and so far I am accomplishing that goal. I love writing my blog and have recently started writing my novel that has been stuck in my brain for over two years. Those are the two biggest hobbies that I do and they include sitting on my rear end…. This is why I am not bikini ready.
If you could live in a fictional world, where would you live?
I am having a difficult time with this one, so I will give several places. I would live in the Mass Effect universe because I love space, planets, aliens, and spaceships. I love the games because they are so much more than anything else we have been able to experience as gamers. Also, it is just AWESOME! Moving on. I would also enjoy living in the Elder Scrolls world. I would die almost immediately because some Dark Brotherhood jerk would murder in my sleep and steal my sweetrolls. However, Oblivion is my favorite because it is FABULOUSLY beautiful. In my head the music would still play as I explored :). Lastly, I would want to live in the Mortal Instruments world. Mostly because I love the idea of Warlocks, Demons, and various other creatures actually existing and there being some super badass dudes and chicks kicking their stupid faces out of our world.
What inspires you?
My husband. I will elaborate but if you knew me in the real world than you would understand. My husband has made me into the woman I am today. Now I know my parents had a bit to do with that but I have grown in every way (even out) since meeting him. He is the reason I am starting my novel, he is the reason I am going back to school, he is the reason I don’t give up everyday, he is the reason I am writing this right now. He is the reason I do anything in this life because without him I would be nothing.
What is your favorite show/movie/video game/play/mime?
My favorite show is hands down Bones. I have loved the show since one of my high school friends introduced me to it. There hasn’t been an episode that I have hated and the show has created numerous moments full of feels. I cry all of the time during this show.
When I think of my favorite movie I have to think of one that I could watch over, and over, and over (you get the idea) without getting tired of it. So although I am a big Star Wars fan, though I love Star Trek, and although I love romantic comedies, I have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean. I have watched this movie numerous times, I know most of the lines, and I have yet to be bored with it (maybe I will watch it this week while my husband has evening shifts).
Favorite video game is most definitely Mass Effect (the first one). The story is expansive, the exploration is beautiful, and the characters are in depth. Love. It.
Play? I think he was kidding when he wrote that bit but I will humor him. I recently read Everyman for a college course. I have read others and I am sure most people would answer some kind of Shakespeare play but Everyman is my favorite. It fits too well with the world and society we live in right now.
What type of humor do you have? Dry/dark/saucy.
Definitely dry humor. I use sarcasm more often than I probably should and I would be lying if I said it didn’t get me into trouble sometimes… Not sorry.
Do you prefer iPhones, Android, or Windows phone?
I currently have a Windows phone, then I am going with that. I enjoy using the tiles, I am a fan of Microsoft products, and I love Groove Music.
What is something you collect?
I collect ladybugs. I mean ladybug stuff not the actual bug (though I pick them up whenever I see them!). I love, love, love ladybugs, like a bunch. I plan on decorating at least one room in my someday house in ladybug decor.
The second thing I collect are books. Along with collecting them I am clearly reading them but I will never dispose of my beloved books. They’re fantastic stories that allow me to escape real life and live in different worlds imagined by other writers. There isn’t much better than getting lost in a book.
If you could change something in your past at the cost of your current life, would you?
No. Not even something that I would even consider. My past has led me to my life now which is vastly different in the best ways. Why would I want to give up some of my favorite stuff for changing something in my past?
Ten random facts about me
- I am the youngest of six children.
- I was born in a bathtub in a house that I spent 14 years of my life in (the bathtub was there the entire time).
- I am a control freak… Don’t judge, I am working on it.
- I hate drama but I am good at starting it… So unfortunate when it comes to Social Media.
- I don’t like people who think they’re better than everyone else, it makes my blood boil.
- I am blunt but try really hard to hold back, especially with customers (duh).
- My favorite number is seven and my husband just so happens to be the seventh man I dated (lucky, huh?).
- I am currently writing a novel (yay!! You can read the first chapter here).
- I am, finally, wisdomtoothless (ouchy).
- I was homeschooled until we moved to town at 14, at which point I enrolled into the 8th grade in middle school (hated middle school).
Dissonance- The Chaos Pardigm
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it.
Now it’s your turn
Time for you to answer my ten questions (insert maniacal laugh).
1. What is your favorite book?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
3. If your house catches fire, what do you grab on your way out?
4. Who is the person most responsible for not only the person you are today, but who has pushed you to be you?
5. List five things that inspire you (person, place, book, movie, show, etc.).
6. What is your favorite dessert and why?
7. Why are you here today?
8. What makes you get up in the morning?
9. If you could raise ONE person from the dead to tell them ONE thing, who and what would it be?
10. If you could buy something you greatly desire or create peace between people, which would you choose?
This took me several days to come up with.
I hope you enjoy participating in this little assignment as much as I did! Have a fantastic day!